Most Common Childbirth Injuries | Baby
The most common childbirth injuries that affect the baby
Injuries to an infant as a result of medical malpractice can result in different complications for the infant. Often, these childbirth traumas can have long-term effects on the child’s quality of life.
Some of the most common reasons for childbirth malpractice cases are:
- Brain Damage.
- Forceps and Vacuum Extractor Injuries.
- Forceps injury.
- Perinatal Asphyxia – where a newborn does not receive enough oxygen.
- Hip dysplasia.
- Spinal Cord Injuries.
- Pelvic injuries during birth.
- Facial Paralysis.
- Erb Palsy, also known as Brachial Plexus Injury which is damage to the nerves that send signals from the spine to the shoulder, arm and hand.
- Fractures to collarbone, arm or skull.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Erbs palsy.
- Untreated jaundice, kernicterus and hyperbilirubinemia.