Common Childbirth Injuries | Mother
The most common childbirth injuries that affect the mother Injury to the mother can be sustained prior to, during, or following the birth.
These injuries can be a result of medical negligence. Inadequate medical care can result in these complications:
- Pregnancy malpractice/maternal birth injuries – mismanagement of the pregnancy.
- Vaginal tears or lacerations.
- Pelvic injuries during birth.
- Broken bones.
- Ruptured uterus.
- Complications caused by delivery using forceps.
- Abnormal bleeding caused by medical negligence.
- Damage to bowel or bladder.
- Nerve damage after giving birth.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wrongful death of the mother.
- Forceps Injury.
- Incorrect cesarean section.
- Pre-eclampsia or eclampsia.
- Improper stitching following cesarean section.