Not all births go to plan. Doctors do have to deal with the dif- cult delivery of babies throughout their careers.
However, a problematic delivery is something an experienced doctor should be able to handle. Enabling them to reduce the risk of any unwanted injury to both mother and baby. Unfortunately, in some cases, the actions or inactions of medical professionals involved in delivering the baby can lead to injuries to the baby or the mother.
Some examples of medical negligence that can lead to childbirth injury are:
- Incorrect interpretation of ultrasound.
- Failure to perform the necessary tests and examinations during pregnancy.
- Prescription of the wrong medication during pregnancy.
- Inability to track the baby’s heart rate.
- Failure to deal with an emergency adequately.
- Incorrect use of forceps during delivery.
- Blunt force trauma to baby or mother.
- Delayed birth – When the baby remains in the birth canal for too long. Leading to injury from the prolonged pressure from the birth canal on the baby’s brain.
- Improper manipulation of the baby’s body during delivery.
For further information speak directly to a member of the team, kindly visit our Contact page.